PET “SKUNK SPRAYED” REMEDY
Hydrogen Peroxide and Baking Soda
1. In a bucket, mix 4 cups of 3% food-grade hydrogen peroxide with one-quarter cup of baking soda, and 2 teaspoons liquid soap (e.g. Dawn dishwashing liquid).
2.Apply to the dog's dry coat while the mixture bubbles, taking care not to let the mixture get into her eyes or mouth.
3. Lather and rub the mixture into your dog's coat and skin for about five minutes or until the skunk smell starts to dissipate.
4. To de-skunk the face and ears, use a sponge. Apply the mixture with a sponge to your dog's chin, cheeks, forehead and ears. Once again, take care not to let any solution get into the dog's eyes.
5. Rinse thoroughly. When rinsing the head area, be sure to tilt your dog's chin upward to avoid getting the solution into the eyes.
6. Repeat the whole process once or twice. In "serious" cases, you may need up to 3 times to completely remove the smell.
7.Remember to rinse the solution off your dog completely in the final rinse.
NOTE: For this solution to work, you have to mix the ingredients and use the mixture "fresh" - that means you cannot make the mixture ahead of time and store it for future use.